WED, FRI, AND SAT
By combining health-fitness with outdoor recreation BG Florida State Parks will appeal to those seeking to increase time spent exercising and connecting with nature. Through a strategically formulated exercise regimen, participants will see adaptation to their physical abilities as well as an increase in their love for the great outdoors.
HOW IT WORKS
Eco-Fitness Classes– Participants enroll in a 1 Session/week, 2-week long exercise program. Students choose to attend class on either: Monday, Wednesday OR Friday of each week.
- Each session has a WOW (Work Out of the Week.) Therefore, no matter what day the student attends, everyone receives the same work out.
- No week is the same. As the months go on and we acquire more participants the “Focus Activity” (usually the first activity) and the “Recreational Activity” (usually the last activity) will rotate in a dynamic and strategic pattern.
Classes are 2 hours long.
|Bike||Division 1: 1.5 miles Novice Trails
Division 2: 2 miles Intermediate Trails
|Watersports||Division 1K: Kayak 1 mile Division 2K: Kayak 2 miles
Division 1SUP: SUP 1 mile Division 2SUP: SUP 2 miles
|Skills Course||Division 1: Run: .5 mile
Plyometric: AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible)- 3 exercises, 10 seconds each.Division 2: Run: 1 mile
Plyometric: AMRAP- 5 exercises, 20 seconds each.
At the conclusion of Eco-Fitness Session#1 & Eco-Fitness Session#2, students and any other enthusiasts will test their newly found skills buy attending BG’s monthly “Eco-Fitness Challenge.”
Based on their WOW Tracking Card and personal comfort level, students will select which Challenge Division they wish to participate in.
PRIZES & PRICING
1st Place Prize: 1 Free Admission to the Full Moon Kayak Tour
2nd Place Prize: 1 Free 1.5 hr rental for a Single Kayak OR SUP (Valid Monday-Friday)
3rd Place Prize: 50% discount on one 1.5 hr rental for a Single Kayak OR SUP (Valid Monday-Friday)
Eco-Fitness Class Session#1= $40.00
Eco-Fitness Class Session#2= $40.00
Eco-Fitness Challenge= $10.00
(Non-Class Attendees) Eco-Fitness Challenge= $40.00
Students who complete Session#1, Session#2 AND the Challenge, receive a $5 discount on SUP Yoga.
Students who complete Session#1, Session#2 AND the Challenge, receive a $5 discount on 1 Admission to the Full Moon Kayak Tour.
In order to participate in this program, one:
- Must not exceed the manufacturer’s weight limit for the vessel (450 lbs. tandem kayak or 275 lbs. single kayak).
- Must have the ability to follow verbal and/or visual instructions independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Must have the ability to wear a properly fitted personal flotation device.
- Must have the ability to enter and exit the kayak independently or with the assistance of a companion or with the use of adaptive equipment.
- Must have At least one person in the kayak with the ability to move it through the water in a stable manner and return it to the launching area.
- Must have the ability to tolerate 80 degree Fahrenheit water and bright sunlight for 1.5 hours.
In the event of capsize, one:
- Must have the ability to get out from under the watercraft independently.
- Must have the ability to right oneself and remain face up in the water with the aid of a personal flotation device.